Writing & Speaking
My work as a Psychotherapist has always included engaging with people outside of the therapeutic space via writing, and speaking.
In this way I am able to raise awareness on mental health issues, tackle myths and misconceptions about sexual violence, and enable good practice within my field. I consider this to be a part of practicing my ethos of psychotherapy being a form of activism.
My working experience includes:
- Podcast recordings
- Radio interviews
- Online and print articles
- Providing information, and comments for the media
- Conference presentations
- Delivering speeches at events
- Facilitating peer/group events for others to speak and be supported
- Lecturing and teaching
- Delivering bespoke training online, and in person
- Contributing to policies, and guidance articles.
I am available for writing, and speaking about the following areas:
- Mental health and wellbeing
- Sexual violence and abuse
- Domestic violence
- Pre-trial therapy (counselling, and psychotherapy to survivors of sexual violence who have reported to the Police)
- Psychotherapy as activism.
I always welcome enquiries from those who want to work with me. Please get in touch to discuss any projects you'd like me to get involved with.